Director’s Notes October 12, 2018

Whew! I can’t believe it’s Friday! I feel like I ran a marathon! Luckily I like to run! I hope the kids feel rested with the holiday they had! We are going to be asking a lot from them in the coming weeks so make sure they get rest!

We are extending the deadline for MT Playbill ads to Monday in order to give everyone the weekend to get things together!

Events coming up this week:

Magnet night

Magnet night for anyone interested in checking out NEISD’s selection of Magnet Schools is coming up this Monday night from 5:30-7:30 at Blossom Athletic Center.

Chalk it Up

Chalk It Up is this Saturday morning from around 10:00 -4:00. It is a super fun event put on by ArtPace where teams chalk up the streets of downtown. This year the center is at the corner of Houston and Main Avenue and our Visual Art team will be on Main towards the end closest to Houston St. Chalk, food music, fun! Hope to see you there! Map is attached. 

Other reminders:

NESA pARTners SAEF, a scholarship fund which helps students afford enrichment outside of school, applications deadline coming up on October 26th at 4:30. Here is the link to the application  https://www.nesapartners.net/saef Please remember this is the only semester Seniors can apply!

Other miscellany: (I want to note that when I send out flyers and things that come across my desk, they are for informational purposes only. I do not endorse the events in any way. I just want to share out opportunities I see for our kids! )

San Antonio Library is holding Teen Arts Fest Saturday November 3rd from 11-4 at the Central Library. They want kids to come but also to show case a few of our kids! See attached flyer for more info!TAF_2018_flyer-107nuk5

Have a great weekend!