Director’s Notes Oct. 11, 2019

I want to start off this week’s Director’s Notes by talking about one of my top priorities to all parents, students and families of NESA students: safety and wellness. The safety of our babies is the number one priority for everyone at NESA and LEE High School. Our work in this area will never cease. I have heard from a couple of people this week due to a few issues that have arisen in our community, and I was able to be more proactive because of the information I was given. That care and concern is what I love about the NESA community. Please never hesitate to contact me with any questions or issues. It takes a village and I thank you for being that village with me.

Remember- Monday is a student holiday.

Cinema is going to the Josiah Film Festival Thursday.

Next Saturday is Auditions.

Chalk it Up- Saturday!

Saturday we have Chalk It Up! Come visit the VAs and NAHS down on Houston St. from 10-4 and maybe make a little art yourself!

NESA Student Artistic Enrichment Fund

Did you know pARTners provides financial support for eligible NESA students to access enhanced training and opportunities beyond the curriculum that NESA provides? SAEF application through NESA pARtners due October 25, 2019. Use this link to get the form and more information. https://www.nesapartners.net/saef You must be a member of NESA pARtners to receive the scholarship.

College Calling: Logging Volunteer hours

Did you know the NEISD student portal (and the Parent Portal) has a place to log in student volunteer hours? It keeps track of the hours and will email the supervisor (parent, teacher, CEO, whowever!) of those hours with an easy verification link so all the hours logged are accounted for. Students can then even ear recognition from the District! This is the kind of stuff colleges want to see. Here is the link to check it out: https://www.neisd.net/site/default.aspx?PageType=3&DomainID=5507&ModuleInstanceID=21537&ViewID=6446EE88-D30C-497E-9316-3F8874B3E108&RenderLoc=0&FlexDataID=63976&PageID=9340

Student Opportunity: NESA pARTners Fiesta Medal Design Competition

Want to have hundreds of people wearing your design around Fiesta? Here is your chance!

Guidelines:

Fiesta medal should be NESA themed, and say NESA or North East School of the Arts somewhere on it.

Should have year 2020 on it as well.

Ultimate product will be around 2”x2”, so nothing too intricate.

4 colors maximum

Any medium is accepted.

You can turn designs in to Mrs. Pagona on paper by sending them to the NESA office, or if it is a digital drawing, through email. spagon@neisd.net

Winner receives a free Fiesta medal of their design and a NESA shirt!

Designs due October 28th.

Have a great three-day weekend. Enjoy the nice weather while it lasts!

Sarah Pagona

Director of the North East School of the Arts