Director’s Notes Friday, Feb. 15th

Happy Friday!

Remember Monday is a student holiday! I hope everyone gets caught up on work and sleep this weekend.

I have been reminding kids to check their grades and stay on top of their work. The end of the nine weeks will be here before we know it! I have also heard from a lot of parents that they still cannot get into Family Access to see student grades. I have a workaround to try. All students also have access to the Student access portal and their grades are in there. Your student’s login is their NEISD email which probably reads something like name@stu.neisd.net . The students should know how to get into this portal because this is how they registered for next year’s classes earlier this month. I would recommend having them log in and checking out their grades with them! It’s always good to check in with your teenager, be it for grades or anything else!

Fiesta Medals on sale!
NESA pARtners is selling Fiesta medals! They are $10. All proceeds go to support our students and our school. For example, just this month pARTners was been able provide the Visual Artists with two Ipads so they can build digital portfolios and make digital drawings, planning and more! Your Fiesta medal purchases go directly to awesome initiatives like this! Medals will be sold at the We Will Rock You performances Feb. 21-24th. More info can be found on the pARTners website or facebook page.

Parent volunteers needed for new student registration
On Thursday, Feb. 21st we welcome our incoming students for the 2019-2020 school year. From 5:00-9:00 these students are coming to register in the LEE counseling office and we could definitely use a few parent volunteers. Ideally we would have apparent volunteer form each major just because its welcoming, but I will take what you can give J. I believe a sign up genius is going out from Catherine Stephens, pARtners president, so be on the lookout if you want to help!

We Will Rock You

Show opens Thursday at 7:30! Box office hours are Tuesday- Friday 4:30-6:30 and one hour before the show. See you at the show!

Have a great three day weekend!

-Sarah Pagona, Director of the North East School of the Art