What a fantastic week we had a NESA! Starting the spring strong! Lots of celebrations and IM went on a fantastic field trip to the Tobin to see Black Violin today! It was the highlight of my week!
–Big Give Day- March 28th. NESA has two initiatives going on this Big Give Day.
pARTners is raising money for master classes for the school for every major! They have a big goal of $5,000.00!
Note from pARTners:
We are excited to announce that next Thursday, March 28th, NESA pARTners will be fundraising in conjunction with The Big Give SA via our own fundraiser! This will include an all-day social media marketing campaign that will make it easy for everyone to participate. We are currently in the process of coordinating matching challenges that we can use to boost participation throughout the day. If you are interested in setting up a matching challenge donation or have any questions, please reach out to NESA parent Darcy Scrimpshire at firstname.lastname@example.org.
North East Educational Foundation’s Big Give will take place from midnight to midnight on Thursday, March 28, 2019. 75% of the funds raised by the NESA campus will go toward our Campus, while the other 25% goes to NEISD initiatives. Additionally, the campus that raises the most funds receives and additional $1,500. The campus that comes in second place will receive an additional $500! NESA is looking for money to buy LED lights for the LEE theater, an initiative that will help the entire campus! See NESA’s page at https://www.thebiggivesa.org/p2p/83096/north-east-school-of-the-arts
If you can, support NESA on the charitable day!
Scholastic National Winners!
– Congrats to National Scholastic Art award winners! Gold Key Winners join the ranks of artists like Andy Warhol, Cy Twombly and our new teacher Mrs. Gonzales! J They are also invited to New York for a special ceremony and show at Carnegie Hall!
Piper Bangs, The Letter -Gold Medal
Piper Bangs, In The Kitchen- Gold Medal
Piper Bangs, Self Portrait- Gold Medal
Katlyn Powell, Wearing Bathwater- Gold Medal, Alliance/ACT-SO Journey Award
Piper Bangs, Aggravation- Silver Medal
Hailey Honea, Family scale- Silver Medal
Bridget McRedmond, woman and flower- Silver Medal
Katlyn Powell, Sit Pretty- Silver Medal
More VA shout outs!
Poetry on the Move – collaboration with Via Transit in honor of National Poetry Month. Senior Katlyn Powell, junior Claudia Slater, sophomore Hailey Hataway, and freshman Madison Mesa artworks illustrating poems by local poets and students will be displayed on Via buses all over the city! Congrats!
NESA Visual Art seniors Katlyn Powell and Allison Maldanado were selected as recipients of the Memorial Art Scholarship. Katlyn will receive $1000 and Allison will receive $500 to further their study of art at the collegiate level.
A HUGE thank you to the NESA Partners for their purchase of two iPads for the Visual Art program. These iPads will be used to photograph, edit, and curate works for digital portfolios; AP Studio Art portfolio preparation; digital drawing; animation; and much more!
Sixteen artworks and 12 students advance to the State VASE competition. Shout out to Madison Mesa, Nanesko Watson, Natalie Wick, Isis Guajardo, Sarah Borland, Aniyah Lee, Piper Bangs, Allison Maldonado, Briana Mercado, Mikayla Harley, and Katlyn Powell.
Reminders and dates:
-MT Acting 2 showcase, Tuesday March 26
-Footnotes, A Concert of Dance, April 4-7
– Purple Up For Military Kids Day, April 12th (wear purple to show your support and appreciation for military children for their strength and sacrifices!)
-Prom, April 13
-pARTners SAEF deadline April 26th
Have a great weekend!
Sarah Pagona, Director of the North East School of the Arts